Casual Event Staff Opportunities
Who are we?
Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Melbourne's premier sport and entertainment venue, Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium has won acclaim as a world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers brilliant events and at the same time creates memorable experiences for its millions of patrons.
We employ a large casual workforce to assist us in the delivery of our ‘brilliant’ events and functions. We hire into our Event Staffing (Customer Service) team and into our Catering Services team.
To learn more, read on…
Event Staff - Customer Service:
Are you passionate about the Events industry? Do you want to be part of our ‘brilliant team’ responsible for delivering event day services across a range of areas? Below are the roles within our Events Staff team:
- Customer Service Team Leaders
- Venue Set up
- Various Customer Service roles:
- Turnstile Attendants
- Accreditation Control
- Queue Monitors & Spruikers
- Ticket Sellers
- Crowd Control
- Car Parking
What do we look for?
To be considered for a role with us, you would need to possess the below qualities and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with the public in a customer service position
- You need to be outgoing, a great communicator across all levels, a problem solver and a team player who has the ability to bring an enthusiastic, positive attitude to work every shift!
- The commitment to be available to work at least 2 shifts per weekend from Friday night, Saturday day, Saturday night or Sunday day is essential during the AFL Season, although your rostered shifts will be dependent on the fixture and event calendar for our venue.
Event Staff - Position Descriptions
Catering Services - Hospitality (Medallion Club)
This is your opportunity to join the Medallion Club Catering team at Etihad Stadium. Catering employees are required to work a roster across a range of start and finish times including mornings, days, nights, weekends and Public Holidays.
Catering Services roles:
- F&B Attendants – A l a carte waiters
- Stores & Cellar Staff
- Chefs – various roles
What do we look for?
- We are looking for mature minded individuals with a minimum of 3 years hospitality experience.
- All Front of House positions require you to hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate and RSA refresher if completed 12 months earlier.
- If you have current Catering / Food & Beverage experience; you work well under pressure; have a can do attitude and the energy to work in our fast paced operation, then what are you waiting for, apply now!
- For our Chef roles we will require you to have:
- A minimum of 3 years on the job experience as a Chef or higher (essential)
- Grade 3 - Commercial Cookery qualification along with Occupational Health and Hygiene certificates (essential)
- Exposure and experience in a large function kitchen environment - full understanding of kitchen operations and OHS (essential)
Catering Services - Position Descriptions
Our Recruitment Timeline
We have a set time of year that we recruit for our Casual Event Staffing and Catering Services roles. Only applications received via the online seek application process will be considered - We do not accept ad hoc applications – so please ensure you are applying to a live role if you would like to work with us.
Please review the timeline below:
When to apply: In January of each year – we will post our jobs on this website and on www.seek.com.au. We will also post reminders on our company LinkedIn page
Recruitment: Assessment Centres and / or interviews to be held February of each year
Compulsory Training: In March of each year
- This recruitment timeline is subject to change so always keep an eye on this page and on seek.
- Chefs can be recruited at any time of year so please keep an eye on www.seek.com.au
Right to Work
All applicants must have full working rights in Australia. Due to the hours and flexibility required for these roles we only accept applications from the below:
- Australian Citizens
- Australian Permanent Residents
- 457 Secondary Visa holders
- Australian Working Holiday Visa holders – Visa must be valid up to or pass September
- Other valid Australian Work Visa’s that have no restriction on work hours