Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known as a brilliant, world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers exceptional events and creates memorable experiences for its millions of patrons.
Etihad Stadium employs permanent staff across a range of areas including:
- Event Management
- Event Staffing
- Catering & Hospitality
- Member Services
- Media & Communications
- Sales & Sponsorship
- Arena Management
- Facilities and Asset Management
- People & Culture
- Information Technology
Event Operations Coordinator
As the Event Operations Coordinator you will report into the Event Operations Manager and primarily provide administrative support to the Event Operations team, and when required the wider Operations Department.
- Assist with event management, including planning and co-ordination of events
- Assist with post event debriefs
- Develop strong working relationships with venue departments and contractors, venue hirers and tenant clubs
- Ensure familiarisation with the venue's emergency management plan and procedures
- Assist with the development and implementation of policy and procedural documents for all events and the Event Operations team
- Undertake special projects as directed by the Event Operations Manager / Director of Operations
- Order and proof read printed matter required for events
- Where possible and when required this role can also take on responsibility for smaller arena based events as identified by the Event Operations Manager
- Prepare and minute key department meetings
- Prepare weekly summaries for Ticketmaster and DNCA following events
- Management of the Event Control Room manuals and procedures
- Management of the Match Day Office documentation and equipment
- and perform other administrative tasks as required
Skills and Attributes
- Have demonstrated success in a similar administrative role(essential)
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification e.g.: Event Management or Sports Administration (preferred)
- Have a high level of written and verbal communication and personal skills (essential)
- Attention to detail is an essential attribute
- General knowledge of venue operations including staffing, security, facilities, ticketing, cleaning, catering and merchandising (preferred)
- Familiar with Emergency Management and OHS requirements (preferred)
- Sound computer skills and an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (essential)
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends(essential)
If you believe you meet the above selection criteria then apply through Seek here.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE @ 11PM SUNDAY, 14 FEBRUARY 2016
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- When are you available to start?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- Rate your skill level using Microsoft Office products