Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known as a brilliant, world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers exceptional events and creates memorable experiences for its millions of patrons.
Etihad Stadium employs permanent staff across a range of areas including:
- Event Management
- Event Staffing
- Catering & Hospitality
- Client Services
- Media & Communications
- Sales & Sponsorship
- Arena Management
- Facilities and Asset Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Corporate Events Co-Ordinator
Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Melbourne's premier sports and entertainment venue, Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known for its brilliant, world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers events and creates memorable experiences all under one roof.
A rare opportunity exists to join our team as the Corporate Events Co-Ordinator. Working within the Operations team you will report to the Stadium Event Manager. The position is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing Corporate & Stadium Member event plans, timelines and budgets
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with venue departments, contractors, venue hirers, suppliers, sponsors and corporate clients
- Creating event run sheets for functions and monitoring progress against and on event days
- Coordinating the hiring/delivery of all event equipment and coordinate external suppliers on behalf of clients
- Coordinating casual recruitment, induction, training and performance management for events
- Liaising with the Catering & Marketing teams
- Oversee functions on day to ensure all event orders are met and assist clients with any additional requests
- Assist with bump in / out
- Ensure familiarisation with the venue's Emergency Management plan and procedures
- Adhere to OH&S policy and reporting requirements
- Post event follow up and debriefing
We would love to hear from you if you can demonstrate:
- Previous experience in an event co-ordination role, ideally within a membership or sports/event based organisation - essential
- General knowledge of venue operations including staffing, security, facilities, ticketing, cleaning, catering and merchandising - preferred
- Experience in motivating and supervising casual staff - preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field is preferred
- Strong attention to detail - essential
- Flexibility with your working hours as evening and weekend work is required - essential
- An understanding of venue management and the sport & entertainment industry is also an advantage, but not essential.
- Outstanding organisational skills including planning, prioritising work, scheduling and time management
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft suite of products
- Exceptional personal presentation
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Understanding of OH&S and Emergency Management procedures
- This is a great opportunity to join the team at Melbourne Stadiums Limited.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter by clicking on the "Apply for this job" button. Please note: no ad hoc or late applications will be accepted. Only those that apply via the online seek process will be considered.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11PM SUNDAY, 8 MARCH 2015
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- When are you available to start?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- Do you have a relevant degree or tertiary qualification?