Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known as a brilliant, world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers exceptional events and creates memorable experiences for its millions of patrons.
Etihad Stadium employs permanent staff across a range of areas including:
- Event Management
- Event Staffing
- Catering & Hospitality
- Client Services
- Media & Communications
- Sales & Sponsorship
- Arena Management
- Facilities and Asset Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Current Available Positions:
EVENT STAFFING CO-ORDINATOR
Love events and being part of the action? If you have great customer service skills and are an enthusiastic operator, then a great opportunity exists to join our company as Event Staffing Co-Ordinator, working within the Operations team.
Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Melbourne's premier sports and entertainment venue, Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known for its brilliant, world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers events, creating memorable experiences all under one roof.
Accountability, Teamwork, Passion, Respect, Service Excellence, Innovation
Reporting to the Event Staffing Manager, the position is responsible for:
- efficiently and effectively administering the Roster Live program and be the main point of contact for MSL casual event staff
- Liaising with the Event Managers to ensure that staff numbers and staff positions are rostered as required by the Hirer and Event Operations Department
- Ensuring that all administrative procedures are kept up to date in relation to the casual event staff
- Ensuring that uniforms are available, issued to casual staff for each event and co-ordinating uniform return, audit and documentation at the end of each year
- Working with the Match Day Office Team Leader to ensure that the operation of the Match Day Office is efficient and that proficient mechanisms for inventory control are developed and implemented
- Working with the Event Staffing Manager where required in all aspects of recruitment, training and performance management of casual event staff.
We would love to hear from you if you can demonstrate:
- Staff rostering and scheduling experience. Roster Live experience an advantage
- Previous experience in venue operations, event / function management preferred
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- High level of both written and verbal communication
- Excellent understanding of computer applications including Microsoft Office and high data entry speed
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and thoroughly
- A strong focus on attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Being a team player who will contribute to team goals
- Ability to remain calm and troubleshoot unexpected problems
- Sensitive to both staff and operational needs
- A high level of integrity
Tertiary qualifications or experience in Human Resource Management is preferred.
Please note that we work within the entertainment industry creating brilliant experiences for our patrons and as such, flexibility in hours will be required with this position including some evenings, weekends and public holidays
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter via http://www.seek.com.au/Job/27688924 identifying your application with Event Staffing Co-Ordinator application in the subject heading by C.O.B. Friday 5 December 2014.