Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known as a brilliant, world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers exceptional events and creates memorable experiences for its millions of patrons.
Etihad Stadium employs permanent staff across a range of areas including:
- Event Management
- Event Staffing
- Catering & Hospitality
- Client Services
- Media & Communications
- Sales & Sponsorship
- Arena Management
- Facilities and Asset Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Function Sales Executive
Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Melbourne's premier sports and entertainment venue Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known as a world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers brilliant events, creating memorable experiences all under one roof.
If you are a highly competitive Functions Sales Executive and play to win in the Melbourne event scene, then this job is for you. As a member of the Event Sales team and reporting to the Venue Sales Manager, the position is responsible for:
- Identifying prospective clients and securing new functions business to the Stadiums function rooms
- Developing relationships with clients, understanding their needs and promoting the appropriate function and conference solution
- Generating outbound sales activity through business development activity, targeted campaigns and integrated marketing
- Proposing and contributing to sales strategies
- Contributing to Function sales through planning, monitoring and achievement of sales forecasts
- Ensuring the approved minimum selling profit margins for each Function room is maintained
- Fostering relationships with existing clients to develop long term partnerships, secure repeat business and growth in expenditure
- Conducting venue inspections for clients
- Assisting clients with the appropriate food and beverage and operational solutions for their function and event requirements
- Preparation of quotes for clients to ensure their needs are met whilst yielding function space appropriately
- Preparing contracts ensuring timelines and accuracy to maximise business returns
- Ensuring contractual obligations are met by clients including numbers, payment plans and minimum spends
- Briefing Operations team to ensure successful delivery of functions and conferences
- Analysing sales and enquiry data to generate reports to assist in the identification of sales trends, market segmentation, peak/soft periods and other information
- Attending industry events and networking with stadium partners
- Ensuring all clients enjoy a 'brilliant' experience at Etihad Stadium
- Managing the Functions and Conferences database via EBMS ensuring it is current, accurate and relevant
We would love to hear from you if you can demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the sports and entertainment industry, corporate hospitality and functions markets
- A proven successful track record in high volume Function and conference sales
- Successful experience and performance in an account management or sales executive role, preferably in the functions, conferencing or hotel industries
- Proven success in achieving sales targets
- Demonstrated capability and experience in developing relationships with potential clients that result in conversion of sales
- Well developed interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of EBMS (Event Business Management System) / Ungerboeck, a distinct advantage
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to articulate clearly and confidently when demonstrating and presenting the facilities services to prospective clients
- Highly developed written and numerical skills and the ability to present information in a professional format and manner
- Demonstrated skills in planning and prioritising work to meet prescribed deadlines
- Previous experience in food and beverage operations and event delivery an advantage
- Advance skills in Microsoft suite of products
- Existing networks and key relationships
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field is preferred
We are an event business, and as such this position requires flexibility in hours as required.
This is a great opportunity to join the team at Melbourne Stadiums Limited. If you believe you meet the above criteria please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter via Seek here.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 10PM SUNDAY 10 MAY 2015
No agencies please.
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- When are you available to start?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- Do you have relevant sales experience