Terms and Conditions for Social Media Competitions
Don Smallgoods Darts Invitational Challenge
1. How to Enter: entry to Melbourne Stadium Limited’s Etihad Stadium (Venue) promotion (Promotion) is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years and over and is subject to these Terms and Conditions (T+Cs). To enter the Promotion, entrants must submit a post via the Etihad Stadium Facebook page containing an answer to the question. Entrants will be required to have a valid Facebook account.
2. Acceptance of T+Cs: these T+Cs, together with all other information and instructions provided prior to entering the Promotion, form part of the rules of entering the Promotion and participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these T+Cs.
3. Eligible Entrants: no purchase is necessary to enter or participate in the Promotion. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over with a valid Facebook account. Persons and their immediate families in the following categories are not eligible to enter the Promotion: (a) Venue’s employees; (b) Venue’s contractors; and (c) staff associated with companies donating prizes in this Promotion.
4. Duration of Promotion: dates will be detailed in the promotional post containing the question posted on the Etihad Stadium Facebook account (Promotional Period).
5. Entry: entry to the Promotion is via the internet and Facebook only and any costs associated with accessing the entrant’s Facebook account are the responsibility of the entrant. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The Venue is not responsible for any technical malfunctions of computer online or wireless systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or other problems resulting from participation or sending or receiving any communication or materials associated with this Promotion.
6. Number of Permitted Entries: one entry per Facebook account is permitted and each entry must be submitted in accordance with these T+Cs.
7. Selection of Winners: at the conclusion of the Promotional Period, the Venue will select one winner based on the quality of entries and assessed against the stated criteria. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judging will take place at the Venue’s head office. Decision of Venue is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Prize Details: there will be one (1) winner selected for the Promotion. The winner will be entitled to receive four (4) tickets to the Don Smallgoods Darts Invitational Challenge at Etihad Stadium on January 10, 2015.
9. Costs Associated with Use of Prize: eachwinner is responsible for organising and paying all costs associated with use of the prize including but not limited to flights, transport, parking, insurance, transfers, spending money and accommodation.
10. Restrictions on Use of Prize: where a prize includes a ticket,ticket allocation (date and seating) is at the Venue’s sole discretion. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of the Venue, be re-sold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, charity fundraising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including but not limited to competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the winner(s) or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission. The Venue’s usual ticketing and venue terms and conditions apply to all tickets provided under this Promotion and by accepting tickets entrants agree to be bound by their respective terms.
11. Delivery of Prizes to Winner(s): the Venue will arrange for tickets to be collected on the day of the event from Etihad Stadium. The winner must bring valid photo ID to collect their tickets.
12. Prize Value: The prize is valued at $300 (Australian dollars). Prizes not claimed by the winner on the event date will be forfeited and not awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Venue takes no responsibility for any variation in the prize value between the date of publication and the date the prize is taken. Total prize pool value for the Promotion is $300.
13. Prizes Not Transferable: the prize, or any part of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
14. Use of Prize: the winner (and each winner’s guest, if applicable) must be available to attend the event stated in the post on the date stated in the post. These dates and locations are not flexible. If for any reason a winner does not redeem a prize, or part of a prize, at the time stipulated by the Venue, then the prize, or part of the prize, will be forfeited.
15. Cancelled / Postponed Event: the Venue accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered in the event that the event selected as part of the prize is postponed, cancelled, rescheduled or relocated for any reason whatsoever. If the prize or part of the prize is unavailable, the Venue reserves the right to substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value in the Venue’s absolute discretion.
16. Winner Notification: winners will be promptly notified by Facebook direct message and the winner’s name may be posted on www.facebook.com/EtihadStadiumAU or in other public forums following the end of the Promotion. Entrants consent to the Venue using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome) and promoting any services supplied by the Venue.
17. Validity of Entries: TheVenue reserves the right at any time to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these T+Cs or who tampers with the entry process. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Venue reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Venue’s discretion. The Venue’s failure to enforce any of the Venue’s rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. Late Entries + Time of Receipt: The Venue accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, indecipherable, lost or misdirected entries all of which are deemed invalid. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of Venue’s receipt of entrant’s comment within the Venue’s post, not at the time of submission or transmission by the entrant.
19. Modification: The Venue reserves the right to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process; and (b) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. Venue’s Liability: nothing in these T+Cs limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Venue (including the Venue’s officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage including loss of opportunity; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Venue’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Venue) due to any reason beyond the Venue’s reasonable control; (d) any variation in prize value to that state in these T+Cs; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) participation in the Promotion, use of any prize or attendance at the Venue; (g) if any prize event is cancelled or delayed for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Venue; and/or (g) redemption of the prize including attendance at a prize event.
22. Facebook: Promotion is run through the Venue’s Facebook page, the Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and Facebook has no liability to entrants in relation to the Promotion. Entrants agree to fully release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to their participation in this Promotion. All information entrants provide in connection with this Promotion is to the Venue and not to Facebook.
23. Submission of Material: without limiting clause 20 above, when a Promotion involves submission of materials by entrants including comments, recordings and images (Material) then when entrants submit any Material via the Promotion the entrant, unless Venue advises otherwise, licenses and grants to Venue, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, communicate, publish and display such Material for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use. Entrants warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights (including any copyright). Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Material they submit. Venue shall not be liable in any way for such Material to the full extent permitted by law. Venue may remove any Material without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Material that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Venue may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) their Material shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (c) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Venue for any breach of the above terms.
24. Venue: the Venue is Melbourne Stadiums Limited ABN 37 098 476 594 trading as ‘Etihad Stadium’. Address: 740 Bourke Street, Docklands VIC 3008. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: + 61 3 8625 7000. Fax: + 61 3 8625 7784. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to Etihad Stadium via email@example.com and not to