Melbourne Stadiums Limited
Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Melbourne's premier sports and entertainment venue, Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known as a world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers brilliant events, creating memorable experiences all under one roof.
Desktop & Applications Support Analyst
Combine your passion for technology with the sports and entertainment business Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Melbourne's premier sports and entertainment venue, Etihad Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Etihad Stadium is known as a brilliant, world-class sports and entertainment venue that delivers events, creating memorable experiences all under one roof.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join our company as Desktop & Applications Support Analyst working within the I.T. team. Reporting to the I.T. Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Help desk and software management
• Providing PC and printer support to staff
• Basic network and server administration and troubleshooting
• POS maintenance and support
• Telecommunications and PABX systems support
• Configuring and managing iPhones and iPads
• Active Directory administration
• Krone data patching
If you are ready to put your technical genius to the test and can demonstrate:
• 3 + years experience in PC and Network administration and troubleshooting
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Windows 7
• Experience and knowledge supporting SQL applications
• Exposure to Active Directory administration
• Previous experience with POS systems (Quest an advantage)
• Experience in Krone data patching desirable
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
• Well developed interpersonal and stakeholder relationship skills
• Highly developed communication and service delivery skills
• Outstanding organisational skills including planning, prioritising work, scheduling and time management
• Ability to flex and change to immediate priorities
An understanding of venue management and the sports & entertainment industry is also an advantage. We are an event business, and as such this position requires flexibility in hours and weekend work as required.
If you are passionate about working in the events and entertainment industry, then please submit your CV and cover letter via SEEK (including your salary expectations), and identifying your application with Desktop & Applications Support Analyst application in the subject heading by C.O.B. Friday 7th February 2014.
All applications are to include relevant information confirming your right to work in Australia.
No agencies please.
Functions Sales Executive
If you are a highly competitive Functions Sales Executive and play to win in the Melbourne event scene, then this job is for you. As a member of the Event Sales team and reporting to the Functions Manager, the position is responsible for:
• Identifying prospective clients and securing new functions business to the Stadiums function rooms
• Developing relationships with clients, understanding their needs and promoting the appropriate function and conference solution
• Generating outbound sales activity through business development activity, targeted campaigns and integrated marketing
• Proposing and contributing to sales strategies
• Contributing to Function sales through planning, monitoring and achievement of sales forecasts
• Ensuring the approved minimum selling profit margins for each Function room is maintained
• Fostering relationships with existing clients to develop long term partnerships, secure repeat business and growth in expenditure
• Conducting venue inspections for clients
• Assisting clients with the appropriate food and beverage and operational solutions for their function and event requirements
• Preparation of quotes for clients to ensure their needs are met whilst yielding function space appropriately
• Preparing contracts ensuring timelines and accuracy to maximise business returns
• Ensuring contractual obligations are met by clients including numbers, payment plans and minimum spends
• Briefing Operations team to ensure successful delivery of functions and conferences
• Analysing sales and enquiry data to generate reports to assist in the identification of sales trends, market segmentation, peak/soft periods and other information
• Attending industry events and networking with stadium partners
• Ensuring all clients enjoy a ‘brilliant’ experience at Etihad Stadium
• Managing the Functions and Conferences database via EBMS ensuring it is current, accurate and relevant
We would love to hear from you if you can demonstrate:
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the sports and entertainment industry, corporate hospitality and functions markets
• A proven successful track record in high volume Function and conference sales
• Successful experience and performance in an account management or sales executive role, preferably in the functions, conferencing or hotel industries
• Proven success in achieving sales targets
• Demonstrated capability and experience in developing relationships with potential clients that result in conversion of sales
• Well developed interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of EBMS (Event Business Management System) / Ungerboeck, a distinct advantage
• Exceptional presentation skills and ability to articulate clearly and confidently when demonstrating and presenting the facilities services to prospective clients
• Highly developed written and numerical skills and the ability to present information in a professional format and manner
• Demonstrated skills in planning and prioritising work to meet prescribed deadlines
• Previous experience in food and beverage operations and event delivery an advantage
• Advance skills in Microsoft suite of products
• Existing networks and key relationships
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field is preferred
This is a great opportunity to join the team at Melbourne Stadiums Limited.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (including your salary expectations), and identify your application with Functions Sales Executive application, in the subject heading, by C.O.B. Friday 31st January 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are to include relevant information confirming your right to work in Australia. We are an event business, and as such this position requires flexibility in hours as required.
Enquiries please contact Raelene Turner on 03 8625 7655
No agencies please.
Casual Event Staff – Customer Service
Melbourne Stadiums Limited conducts regular recruitment for its Casual Customer Service Event Day Staff.
We are currently conducting our recruitment for the 2014 year. Closing date for all 2014 applications will be 7th January, 2014.
Recruitment sessions are conducted in November/December of each year, with the possibility of mid-year recruitment depending on staffing levels.
Applications received after this time will be considered at our next recruitment.
A minimum of 2 years experience working with the public in a customer service position is required for applicants to be considered for the first intake of interviews. We require our casual customer service staff to have the ability to communicate at a high level and be able to problem solve where necessary. The commitment to make yourself available for at least 2 shifts per weekend from Friday night, Saturday day, Saturday night or Sunday day is essential, although your rostered shifts would be dependent on the fixture for our venue.
If you wish to apply for Casual Customer Service Event Staff work at Etihad Stadium, please send your resume to email@example.com with a covering letter.
We hold all resumes and applications on file and contact all successful applicants at the time of recruitment.
Casual Staff - Hospitality Employment
If you are interested in work that relates to the delivery of food and beverage, please send your resume to our contracted catering partner Delaware North Companies Australia.
Please email your resume to the Hospitality Staffing Manager via the email link below:
Delaware North Employment Page
Casual Kitchen Staff - Hospitality (Medallion Club)
This is your opportunity to join the Melbourne Stadiums Limited kitchen team at Etihad Stadium as we launch into our busy event calendar for 2014.
Current casual opportunities are available for:
• Kitchen staff
• Kitchen hands
If you have the positive energy and enthusiasm to work in a dynamic stadium, have current kitchen experience in a fast paced operation and work well under pressure, apply now.
Applications will not be accepted by employment or recruitment agencies.
Submit your current CV, detailing your experience to: